UNDERSTANDING FOOD POISONING CASES
Farmers, butchers, manufacturers, canneries, processing and packaging plants; there are many places and ways our foods can become contaminated. The more you know as a consumer the better you can protect yourself from disease.
How Food Can Get Contaminated
- Animal meat comes in contact with intestinal contents
- Fresh fruits and veggies are irrigated with water that contains animal feces or human sewage, sometimes from the run-off of nearby farms
- Mishandling of food and/or cross-contamination during preparation
- Storage at improper temperatures
- Food not cooked to a high enough temperature; this creates a breeding ground for bacteria, tainting the food
Though much of the contamination process is out of our hands, there are ways to protect yourself. Following a few simple food handling and cooking safety tips can decrease your chance of becoming ill or dying from tainted food. If you fall ill from poor food preparation practices, you can hold the negligent parties responsible. Call our food poisoning attorneys in Mesa today.
Safeguarding Against Food Poisoning
LITIGATING IN A FOOD POISONING LAWSUIT
Safety Tips for Handling Food
- Wash your hands.
- Clean all surfaces.
- Separate foods; do not let allow raw meats to touch other foods.
- Do not cross-contaminate by reusing knives or cutting boards, measuring cups, etc.
- Always cook foods to their recommended temperatures.
- Refrigerate food promptly and make sure it is properly sealed.
Mesa Food Poisoning Litigation
Following these safety tips can help to reduce the possibility of contamination, but they cannot eliminate the chance for contamination or poisoning. Some things are outside of your control, and it is possible to become the victim of negligence by any one of the people who comes in contact with your food. That negligence can cost you weeks and months of agony, a lifetime of suffering, even your life. If you have experienced the effects of food poisoning, whether by illness or death, it is important that you call an attorney to champion your case and receive the settlement you deserve.
Words From Our Clients
Mr. Cluff has been my exclusive legal representative for the last several years. His professionalism, sound strategies, and negotiating skills are unmatched. Though these are hard times economically, Mr. Cluff has been an immense help in allowing me to retain my businesses and my customer base. This would have been impossible without his help, advice, and direction. I will always use Mr. Brigham Cluff as my representative in all legal matters.SCOTT D.
I would highly recommend Brig for legal representation. He represented us in a case that seemed like David vs. Goliath. It was very paperwork and motion intensive, and Brig handled everything very professionally and was always on task. He was fantastic representing us in the courtroom and was very prepared. He always responded to us quickly and professionally, made good arguments, and we would absolutely use him again in the future.RACHAEL E.